Our feasibility studies are a crucial first step in obtaining the technical and financial information required to assess your project’s viability, minimise risk and enable our clients to make informed decisions in the most effective manner.
We provide a fully transparent service with feasibility studies tailored to your needs and the size and scope of your project. As your project or opportunity develops, from site selection to planning applications, we offer the following feasibility services.
- Proposed site identification
- Selection and screening studies
Outline feasibility studies including:
- Initial assessment of site energy resource
- Investigation of key technical, environmental and planning constraints and opportunities
- Construction of geographic information system (GIS) based constraint maps where required
- Identification and assessment of candidate technology (wind turbines, PV modules, bioenergy etc.) and initial layout design
- Initial financial modeling
- Recommendations for progressing projects and, if so required requirements for more detailed feasibility work.
Detailed feasibility studies:
- Site visits
- Detailed assessment of site energy resource
- Detailed assessment of technical, environmental and planning constraints
- Consultation with potential stakeholders and planning/regulatory authorities
- Project design and layout optimisation
- Detailed financial modelling
Planning and environmental support:
- Screening and scoping process
- In-house capability and strategic partnerships for all elements of the EIA process (if applicable)
- Management of EIA process (if applicable)
- Preparation and submission of planning documentation where required
- ROC & FMS approval, FIT & Carbon Credit support through to full accreditation
- Working closely with the Environment Agency for permitting certification (where appropriate)
- Providing full management support for all ISO 14001 EMS accreditation and associated 18001 Health and Safety and 9001 Quality standards.
- Stakeholder mapping and engagement