The Pollution Prevention and Control (PPC) Regulations (in Scotland and Ireland) and the Environmental Permitting Regulations (EPR) (in England and Wales) implement EC Directive (96/61) on integrated pollution prevention and control (IPPC) in the UK.
All operators must have a valid permit in place to operate legally. GEP Consulting understands the environmental issues and regulatory requirements – we provide a bespoke in-house service tailored to our clients needs and can support our clients beyond permitting issues to assist with effective integration of permitting requirements with site management practices or to address permit improvement conditions.
In 2010 the Directive on Industrial Pollution replaced the IPPC Directive. The new Directive updates the IPPC Directive but will remain as an umbrella for the capture of other significant European Directives including the Large Combustion Plant Directive, the Waste Incineration Directive, the Solvent Emissions Directive, the Titanium Dioxide Directive and the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive.
The aim is to achieve the integrated prevention and control of emissions from industrial, agricultural and waste treatment activities to ensure protection of the environment overall. Regulators of the Act include: the Environment Agency for England and Wales, the Scottish Environment Agency and UK local authorities, who receive and administer applications and issue permits.
GEP Consulting specialises in process emissions, energy management, air, noise and effluent modeling, waste and EMS and understand the regulatory constraints on industry as well as the requirements of the regulators. We work together with both regulators and organisations seeking permissions, to ensure procedures run smoothly and effectively.
Our environmental permitting team offers support and guidance in the following areas:
- Investigation & preparation of site condition reports
- Site protection & monitoring plans
- BAT and BPEO assessments
- Installation of management systems
- Emissions inventory
- Atmospheric dispersion modeling using AERMOD & ADMS,
- Assessment and control of odour
- Noise & vibration monitoring and impact assessment
- Energy efficiency assessment
- Waste and raw material efficiency
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Operator & pollution risk appraisal
- Installation decommissioning
- Environmental Impact Assessment of process & facility variations
- Emission monitoring